Our world is changing and becoming increasingly complex and unsafe. Hence, it is of great importance to help our young to develop practical skills for mindfulness and learn how to cope with the changes as well as become agents for social change.
This 2-day holiday camp will take on a process-oriented approach to engage children in discovering more about themselves and the world that they are living in. Using the chosen story/ picture as a stimulus, children will use drama tools, such as Role-Play and Creative Movement to explore dramatic play, creating scenarios from the story that will highlight themes relevant to their lives. Through a variety of child led activities, children will explore the use of drama strategies to establish character relationships, understand situations and come up with ideas to solve problems.
There will be a family engagement segment on Day 2, where the parents will be invited to participate alongside with their children to co-create their image of a better world through different artistic mediums.
Our Educational Objectives:
• Engaging children in the process of learning in and through the arts
• Developing children’s imagination and creativity
• Fostering critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
• Exploring and Evaluating ideas from different perspectives
• Expressing feelings and interpreting feelings of others
• Enhancing communication and literacy skills to better understand one another
• Empowering children to be active agents of change for the benefit of others
Age Group: K1 – P4
Date: 25th Nov 2017 (Sat) and 26th Nov 2017 (Sun)
Time: 9am – 5:00pm
Venue: Kallang Community Club (Boon Keng MRT),
45 Boon Keng Road, Singapore 339771
Fees: $180* (*Include 1 t-shirt, lunches, snacks, goodie bag, learning materials etc.)
10% off for Early Bird Registration & Payment before 15 Oct 2017
10% off for 2 or more registrants
Complimentary Parents’ seminar, limited to one parent per child**
**Parents of non campers need to pay $20 to attend this parents’ seminar
No. of participants: 60
Language Media: English
Registration Deadline: 12/11/2017